WELCOME TO ENTEBBE!
Welcome to Visit Entebbe, the Official travel guide to Entebbe – Uganda. Find all Entebbe has to offer; amazing attractions, coolest hang out spots, superb culture/nightlife, events, restaurants, hotels and more. Few cities across the African Continent can rival the happy life of Entebbe -some have branded it the “The City that never sleeps? Entebbe is the place where being bored is never an option. On the shores of gorgeous Lake Victoria, Entebbe is an attractive, verdant town that served as the capital city during the early years of the British protectorate. Today it’s the relaxed pace of life and nearby natural attractions that give the city its charm rather than any notable colonial relics. Pay us a visit and see how we shall make your memories here last a lifetime!
Word From His Worship
The Mayor Kayanja Vincent Depaul
On the shores of gorgeous Lake Victoria, Entebbe is an attractive, verdant town that served as the capital city during the early years of the British protectorate. Today it’s the relaxed pace of life and nearby natural attractions that give the city its charm rather than any notable colonial relics.
Unless you have reason to rush into Kampala, Entebbe makes a nice, chilled-out introduction to Uganda, and many visitors prefer to base themselves here for a few days rather than in Kampala’s traffic-choked streets. It’s also the ideal place to end your trip if you’re stuck with one of the many early-morning flights out of Uganda’s only international airport.
Top Attractions in Entebbe
Popular Trends in Entebbe
Tours & Travel
Interesting Facts About Entebbe
- The word, Entebbe, means seat or chair in the Luganda language. It was named after this because that was where a colonial governor sat to arbitrate legal cases in 1900s.
- Entebbe sits on the northern shores of Lake Victoria, Africa’s largest lake.
- Uganda’s largest commercial and international airport.
- Entebbe became the official office and residence of the President of Uganda which dictates that Entebbe is the chief seat of power in the country.
- Ssese Islands has also been voted as one of the best hidden Island Chain in the entire world.
- Entebbe Botanical Garden has amazing flora and fauna and especially after knowing that one of the Tarzan movie was shot right there, the place seems to give an entirely different experience.
- Entebbe is a paradise for the birders as you can spot myriad of them with their beautiful textures all around. Places like Botanical Garden would be the best place to enjoy the view.
- Home of the Oldest Golf course in East Africa called Entebbe Golf Club which was established in 1900.
- Apart from the wildlife, Entebbe also has beautiful beaches and the Ssese Island where you can spend an entire day boating, fishing, taking nature walks and visit the villages surrounding the area.
- The population of Entebbe in 2002 was estimated around of about 55000 people only. By 2010, the population increased to 76500 as per the Uganda Bureau of Statistics. However, the national population consensus, to the date of 27th August 2014, has marked the population at around 70000.
This is what makes Entebbe tickIf you have been in Uganda and have not toured Entebbe town, then you are missing and must sneak there.
The Freedom Tree in Entebbe TownUnder its shed, freedom was conceived Many people in Entebbe and surrounding areas may not know the real essence of
250 Israeli Tourists Visit Entebbe AirportA group of 250 tourists from Israel jetted into the country on Wednesday, February 13, 2019 and commenced their tour
Uganda Wildlife Authority Unveils Entebbe Airport BrandingUganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) on Tuesday presented its new branding of the Entebbe International Airport with a nature theme that
Ssese Islands 2019: Top Things To Do and SeeAh, Ssese Islands! Unlike many of my peers who have no other aspiration than to draw their salary, raise a
Visibility Key in Tourism Promotion – Hon. St. Alain AngeThe Minister of Works and Transport, Hon. Monica A. Ntege (center) with CAA Board, Management and stakeholders at the breakfast
Entebbe Beaches on Lake VictoriaEntebbe Beaches – are great places to relax and enjoy – sunsets on a beach over Lake Victoria and its
Ways to Prevent Bilharzia on Entebbe WatersBilharzia (also known as Schistosomiasis or snail fever) can be very unpleasant and detrimental who has been infected. Best Ways
Oldest Known Ugandan Chimpanzee Dies at 54Zakayo’s name has been synonymous to Chimpanzees both in the wild and those under captivity. Zakayo celebrated his 54th birthday
Tips to Avoid Unnecessary Rental Car Fees in UgandaEntebbe is the main gateway to Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. Traveling from Entebbe is easier when yiu book a